Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Stop Waiting

You can have anything you want, you just need to stop waiting for someone to tell you you deserve it.

Evelyn Greenslade from “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel”
 

 

I believe my generation is one that tends to feel they are entitled to everything. I do not agree. I feel that life is a gift that is given rather than taken. I also think that some people, myself included, need to have others tell us we deserve something good, as if the perception and opinion of others defines who we are. This is a bad habit to have because there will always be people in life who judge you and who deem you unfit for rewards, regardless of your talent or goodness. I think that Greenslade finally realized that if she did not take ownership of her life, then she would never receive the rewards she deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment