Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dead Crazy

I finally got around to watching "The Suicide King", the season premiere of The Walking Dead. Wow, that show had some crazy twists. For example, how Daryl left the group to follow his brother Merle. When I first saw Daryl I felt that he was just as spiteful as his brother, but when he was separated from Merle, I actually came to like his rough around the edges attitude. Even though it saddens me that his character is temporarily taken out of the show, I understand why. If I was given an ultimatum between a group of friends or following a family member, I would choose my family as well. However, Daryl will most likely regret his decision in the future, because let’s face it, Merle is not the most easy person to get along with. It seemed as if Merle brought out the worst aspects of Daryl, and in doing so, put Daryl in a mindset that was not good for him. Another crazy moment, of course, was when Rick saw the hallucination of his dead wife in front of the new arrivals. I can foresee that at one point in time, Rick's mental illness will cost the others a heavy price. I just wonder if Rick will try to prevent this or if he will be too stubborn to admit it. For me, I find that the explanation for his state of mind a little unbelievable. When Lori was alive Rick seemed to be so upset at times that he could not speak to her. Now, he appears so devastated about his wife's death that he suffers from insanity. This just does not add up. Another thing that does not add up is why Andrea still stays with the Governor, even after he proved to be insane and dishonest with her. In previous seasons I considered her to be a strong female character until now. Now she seems to be so dependent on the Governor's attention that she cannot see the reality of her situation. This episode just goes to show you that if there is ever a zombie apocalypse, then humanity will go crazy.
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment