Sunday, February 10, 2013

This Girl is On Fire

After watching the film "Hunger Games" I decided to read the book series. After finishing the first book of the series, I started reading "Catching Fire". For the first few chapters, I wasn't interested in the book, since to me, it seemed mainly to be Katniss Everdeen’s thoughts on whom she should have a relationship with; Peeta or Gale. I'm really not a big fan of romance, so I was starting to get bored. Thankfully, the book took an interesting turn of events when revolution in the districts seemed to be a possibility. However, when I found out Katniss was going to be returning to the arena, I was a tad hesitant to read. I was afraid it would just be a repeat of what was written in the first book. However, Suzanne Collins did not allow this to happen. With a new location for the arena, new characters with new fighting styles, and a surprising twist on the capabilities of the arena, I've found that I can hardly put the book down. Even though I haven't finished "Catching Fire" yet I am super excited about how this book will be portrayed in film.

 


 

4 comments:

  1. Well since this is the only blog I know anything about I chose to read this one. Lol. It is quite interesting in the first part of the book, the character is focusing on who she should have a relationship with, I wonder if that will have any significance in the story to come. I'm also glad to know that the second book is not an exact replica of the first! I will be looking forward to seeing the next movie, thanks for the insight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. Thanks for commenting. After reading to the end of the second book, it seems like Suzanne Collins did not show who Katniss will choose to have a lasting relationship with, but I have a hunch that more will be revealed in the third book. I have a gut feeling that no matter whom she chooses to have a relationship with, or if she even chooses to have a relationship at all, there will be direct consequences for the rebellion that broke out in the districts

      Delete
  2. Yes, can't wait! Would you recommend reading the books as well as watching the movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would. The books are really interesting, plus they explain more about Panem, the Hunger Games, and what happened to Katniss's family after her father was killed in a mining accident. I usually recommend reading the books and then watching the films about the series. That way you can read the extra details about the story in a book and then you can see the visual representation of the book in the film.

      Delete