Wednesday, February 6, 2013

American Idol Hollywood week

As usually American Idol's group auditions during Hollywood week did not disappoint in terms of dramatic, shocking, and inspiring moments. I was really shocked when it was announced that the groups were all males and the contestants would be assigned their group members. I personally felt that this was a recipe for disaster, since these auditions are hard enough when the contestants have a choice in who their group members are. I know if I was a contestant, I would be completely devastated if I was sent home because my group was not able to practice and perform together. I was also disappointed to see that the groups were not a combination of males and females. I was very upset about this, especially since some contestants spoke about how there would be no drama since the groups did not have any females. However, as the show progressed, the men proved themselves to be just as emotional and dramatic as women. There were definitely ego clashes, disastrous performances, and dramatic exists, but even through all of this drama, there were still inspiring moments. To hear Micah Johnson singing after damage to his vocal cords and to watch Lazaro Arbos break out in song after struggling with a stutter is truly miraculous. I cannot describe how inspirational it was hear the positivity of Kayden Stephenson, who suffers from cystic fibrosis, or to see the joy on Matheus Fernandes's face as he was hoisted onto his group member's shoulders. These moments made watching American Idol worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment