Friday, February 20, 2015

Losing Your Soul

Losing your soul will cost you more than the life you're paying for. And all those friends you left behind. You might need 'em when it's cold outside.

Rebecca Ferguson in "Glitter & Gold"
   
It seems to me that there are only two options in life. The first is that you can give up on meaningful relationships, while hardening your soul, in order to successfully achieve power, fame and money. Or you can try to save your soul by remaining less successful and wealthy, while really putting effort into relationships. I may be seeing the world too black and white, but I think there may be some truth behind my opinion. I think that some people are successful because they spend their time and effort on their careers, acting more like a machine than a human being. I can understand this choice because I may have similar goals. However, I know that if you let your career rule your life, so much so that you start making corrupt choices in order to get ahead, you may lose your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment