Saturday, March 28, 2015

Being Human

Being human is not about what you are, it's about who you are.

Rebecca from "Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant"
 

 
In case it’s not obvious, I am a science fiction, fantasy, and horror nerd. I have noticed a pattern in all of the books, television shows, and movies I have read or watched. The pattern is that there is notion that being human does not necessarily depend on your DNA. I know this sounds silly, because as far as I know there is no substantial proof of supernatural or extraterrestrial life, but I think this message still has significance. Although we are all human, there are numerous types of personalities, beliefs, and perspectives. So to label us all in the same category is impossible. Just like the “freaks” in “Cirque du Freak, we are all different and it is our choices, not our biology that determines who we are.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment